1. The urge to buy just about every language learning textbook you can get your hands on
…even before you started learning your new language.
2. Listening to your foreign radio/podcast/music at just about any time of the day
Shopping, taking the bus, washing the dishes, going for a #2… There is never a bad time for language learners to get some practice, y’know.
3. Going to the same ethnic restaurant again
…just so you can practice your language skills with the cute server.
4. That feeling when you’ve just had your first conversation with a native speaker
…entirely in the language you’re learning.
5. The urge to start learning yet another language
…as soon as you can say the equivalent of konnichiwa in the one you’re learning.
6. Accidentally greeting fellow native English speakers in a foreign language
Yes it happens. People tend to look at you in a weird way.
7. That feeling when you hear somebody ask you to “say something” in your foreign language
Yes, it’s that annoying.
8. Not getting understood…
…because you’re actually pronouncing foreign words the right way.
9. That feeling when you overhear conversations around you
…where the people are speaking about you in a foreign language.
10. Impressing everyone around you